Water from protected mountain springs has been drunk for centuries for health, healing and life extension. What do all the drinking waters from mountain springs have in common? They are all ionized alkaline mineral waters. Why is ionized alkaline mineral water the “right” kind of water to drink? It’s because of the minerals in it, the antioxidant potential, and because your body needs water.
5 Reasons your water should be alkaline
The human body is 70% water, and when the body’s water reserves dry up or become polluted, it will wither just like a plant. So it’s no surprise that drinking alkaline water is one of the simplest ways to help ensure good health.
5 Healthy Alkaline Water Benefits
1. Antioxidant cleansing for your liver – Alkaline water has been shown to increase levels of two important antioxidants that protect the liver and help it work more efficiently. The liver’s job is to detox the whole body, so it is important that it work as efficiently as possible.
2. Lower Cholesterol Levels – research has shown that drinking alkaline water can reduce your cholesterol level, while increasing the ratio of good (HDL) cholesterol to bad (LDL) cholesterol.
3. Weight Loss– Alkaline water can help the body rid itself of stored fatty acids (yes! Body fats are acidic!). Drinking water naturally suppresses the appetite and helps the body metabolize fat.
4. Hydration – Alkaline water has been shown to hydrate better than plain water. Drinking lots of water can also prevent cramps that happen due to mild dehydration in warmer weather.
5. Anti-Aging – Alkaline water’s antioxidant negative (–) ORP potential is able to neutralize free radicals that can accelerate aging.
The best way to hydrate with alkaline water
If you do get mildly dehydrated, don’t try to drink too quickly! The ideal way to hydrate is to drink small amounts of water frequently. Athletes can mix alkaline water with any electrolyte drink for high performance hydration.
It is possible to drink too much water! A good rule of thumb is to drink between six to eight glasses per day. Drink more if you consume sugary or caffeinated drinks, they can actually deplete your body of water. Weigh yourself before and after your workout. Remember the engineer’s saying, “a pint is a pound the world around”. One pint of water weighs one pound. Do the math to figure out how much extra water you need to drink.
Ready to get serious about hydration? Call our water ionizer experts today at (415) 203-5519 and get the facts about alkaline water hydration.